Open Baffle Project

Update: These were dismantled and replaced by a completely different design. After some critical listening I decided that neither bass response nor treble was to my full satisfaction. 
I am trying another attempt with Betsy. This time with helper woofers, a DSP acting as a crossover and equalizer and two stereo amps.

I have used the MDF from my previous OB project. Baffle size is 120 x 46 cm. The woofers are Eminence Alpha 15 A. The full-range speaker is a Wildburro Audio Betsy. The DSP is a 2x 4 miniDSP in a box.

As an initial setting I crossed over at 200 Hz with 24db Linkwitz Riley. The bass channels are boosted by 10db. I have also applied a high shelve filter of -3 db from 2 kHz.

An initial soundcheck in the garage (see pictures) was promising. I currently run them 24/7 to break them in. I will then measure and further equalize them as required.

Biggest problem currently is WAF. My SO ( significant other) was not impressed with the looks of them……





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.