Update: These were dismantled and replaced by a completely different design. After some critical listening I decided that neither bass response nor treble was to my full satisfaction.
These are my current Open Baffle speakers. The drivers are a Wildburro Audio Betsy and an Eminence Alpha 15 Woofer. Two bucket subs (not on the picture, see separate post) help below 45 Hz.
The initial modeling was done using Martin King’s licensed worksheets. I then adjusted by ears. Betsy is high passed at 400 Hz 4th oder LR and lowered by 8db. The woofer is bandpassed 45 – 400 Hz 4th order LR and phase inverted. The sub’s work below 45 Hz and boosted by 12db.
The speakers and the bucket subs (separate post) are driven by:
- A small Line Driver with a volume control from Abacus Electronics
- A Behringer DCX 2496 3-way digital crossover
- A Behringer iNuke NU3000 DSP for the sub woofers
- A DIY Gainclone (see separate post) for Betsy
- A DIY Chipamp (see separate post) for the Alpha
- The disc player is a Denon DVD 3910
- At the bottom you see Marantz Tuner